Welcome to Wildlander, and thank you for your interest in the project! This page will guide you through the install.
If you’re unsure about any part of the process, please feel free to visit our Discord or Subreddit for help.
GeForce GTX 1080ti or higher
Intel Core i7-9700K or higher
16gb or more RAM
GeForce GTX 660
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
8gb or more RAM
Note: If you don't have a lot of RAM, you may want to increase your pagefile size. This allocates more memory to the modpack, to prevent memory-related crashes.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
You’ll need a few things before we begin. Please ensure that you have:
- At least 135GB* of free space. (*You can delete 45GB of downloads after the install, if you don't mind downloading them again for updates.)
- The latest English Steam version of Skyrim Special Edition.
(If you need to change your Steam language, click here for instructions.)
Warning: The GOG version of Skyrim Special Edition is not compatible!
- A Nexus Mods account.
We also strongly recommend a Nexus Premium Membership, which speeds up the install by auto-downloading mods. (Without Premium, you are looking at a twelve hour, highly manual task.)
If you are updating a previous installation, click here for update instructions.
RUN THE GAME
First, we need to run Skyrim at least once. This generates some important files.
Next, we'll install Wabbajack — a crazy cool modpack installer.
If you have any questions, please visit our Discord or Subreddit for help.
- Click here to download the install package, then open the download.
- Drag & drop the "Wildlander" folder in the location you'd like for your install.
Ideally, choose a location on a fast drive, and on the same drive as Skyrim. A good location would be something like "C:\Games\Wildlander".
You CANNOT place the folder in:
- Program Files / Program Files (x86) or their subfolders,
- the Users folder or its subfolders,
- the Steam folder or its subfolders,
- the Skyrim folder or its subfolders,
- the Desktop or Documents folders,
- any folders with non-English characters,
- or in any Cloud Storage folder (e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.)
- Open the "Wildlander" folder, and run "Wabbajack Installer.exe".
- Once Wabbajack installs successfully, select "Browse Modlists".
Finally, it's time to install Wildlander!
- Type "Wildlander" into the search box, and then click the download button.
- Click the "install location" button, and then select the "game-files" folder within your "Wildlander" folder.
- Click the play button to begin installation.
- (Optional - Nexus Premium members can skip this) If you are not a Nexus Premium member, this gif will guide you through the manual install.
- Wait for the installation to complete, then open the "Install Folder".
RUN THE WILDLANDER LAUNCHER
- Within the install folder, install the Wildlander launcher by running the "Wildlander-Launcher-Setup.exe". (Don't worry if yours is slightly different.)
- Click the dropdown to locate your install, and select your "game-files" folder. (It should appear in the dropdown, but if not, the folder looks like this.)
- Configure the launcher to your liking, then click "Launch Game" to play.